Friday, February 4, 2011

Loving It.

My mom asked me to whip up some signs for her lesson on Sunday & this was one of them. I think she is teaching on Elder Lawrence's talk from General Conference, Courageous Parenting and this is a talking point, I suppose. I really have no idea. But what I do know is that I love that talk & that snippet comes from Joshua 1:9 -- and it is one of my favorites.

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

This was the theme last year for the youth {ages 12-18} for all of the church & what better words of wisdom? Be strong. Be courageous.

And with that...I decided I liked this bit of 'sign' work, if you will. And soo, the FIRST 5 people {that are followers} that leave a comment with their email -- I will send you a digital file of it. And what the heck, if you want one, leave your email {by the 9th @ midnight} & I will pull a winner from the other comments.

and if you shouldn't happen to get it free, no worries, it will be up in my etsy shop for a mere $5, along with my Come What May.

9 comments:

Ed said...

Amy,
I have recently been dealing with some major health issues and am recovering from a fairly traumatic surgery. People have commented on strength through adversity and this quote is one of my favorites.
You do such beautiful work and I would love to have this to signify the journey my family is going through.
Thanks for such a lovely reminder.
Erin

Debbie said...

Amy....very nice. Actually, it is a wonderful scripture to remember on a daily basis. Yep, I learn so much when I have to teach, it does me good. Thanks for a dang cute visual for my Relief Society Lesson. Should I take the credit??? hehehehe

tko said...

Amy...I love it! What a great reminder....I need to say this every morning...and every night! (Boston & Jackson's Grandma)

Liberty said...

LOVE this!!! I'm a new follower. :)

xxoo,
Liberty
www.libertyoriginal.blogspot.com
lma76@comcast.net

Jessica Stoker said...

So cute and it is so nice to see people sharing their faith. Wonderful talk.

jmiller_12@msn.com

I'm following.

Annette said...

Would love to have a copy! annettehoffman@verizon.net

ann said...

I would love a copy. Thanks so much! ann littlemoonhawk@juno.com

ann said...

I would love a copy. Thanks so much! ann littlemoonhawk@juno.com

The Loops said...

Beautiful! I'm a new follower

http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails