Monday, January 26, 2009

Gift with a Twist

I love wrapping presents. Really love it. At Christmas time I have to have all my papers coordinating so that they match under the tree. All the bows must be tied just so. All so that it can be ripped off in a matter of minutes.

Today was a family gathering for all the January birthdays. This includes my son & his cousin who is almost exactly one year older, Lucy. Zack was more than willing to "help" wrap...which really means, mess up my need for perfection. But in an effort to let go of some of those meaningless perfectionisms...I decided to let him "help"...as opposed to wrap it while he was napping.

I have to say I was happy with how it turned out. Zack found the balloons in my wrapping stash...they are really for his upcoming birthday...and so of course we had to blow one up. So I thought of tying one onto the gift {Zack popped his within about 30 seconds}. Then when I realized I didn't have a tag...I improvised again & viola!

Love it. Here's to letting your 2-year-old help you wrap gifts!

PS...I used a sharpie marker to write on it & it didn't smear a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute idea! I hate having to find tags and the balloon really makes it stand out. I also understand the difficulty of letting the toddler help wrap when you want it just so. I've had to learn to let go of some of my perfectionism as well! Thank you for sharing such a cute idea.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails