Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Favorite Things: Cranium Fort Builder

It has been awhile since I have done one of these & thought it was high time.  Actually it is high time I get back into my blog rhythm.  We've had a crazy month & the blog is always the first to go.

Back to my favorite thing right now.  We inherited this little gem from one of my husband's co-workers.  Her kids had outgrown it & she graciously thought of us.  We were very happy recipients.  I had never heard of it & figured you probably haven't either. 

So here it is: Cranium Fort Builder.
      {Sorry about the horrible picture quality -- Blogger is driving me nuts right now!}

 The kit comes with rigid poles & bendable poles.  The rigid poles are bumpy & the bendable ones are smooth.  You use the rigid ones to build the structure & the bendable ones to be creative with the roof, etc.  Here we built a ship of sorts.   The yellow pieces are magnetic & stick to the ends of the poles...make sense?


After you build the structure, you add the walls -- fabric panels.

I have loved all the different things we can build & it is a great alternative to the forts that are made up of every blanket, sheet & chair in the house...unfortunately those forts still pop up on occasion!

Note that if you have a 4-year-old boy like mine you will have to remind him constantly not to eat, tear & overall destroy the foam noodles.  We've already lost a few to him & his friends being too rowdy.

Now I just checked amazon.com to see what this thing even runs price wise & it pulled some that were over $400 & some that were about $60.  I can't even tell what the difference is, but this is most definitely a $60 toy, NOT a $400 toy.  You can check it out here.



No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails