Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vintage Chevron Baby Shower Invites


 A friend was hosting a baby shower for another friend & asked if I'd do the invites.  I was happy to help & try a couple new things in the process.  Typically when I do invites, I send them to print at the professional print lab...where the options are almost endless.  But this time, I decided to tackle the printing myself.

This probably sounds weird, but sometimes I wonder how people do their own printing when they purchase printables from my shop.  So I decided to see exactly how it worked.  I assume a lot of people print them at photocards, but I wasn't really wanting that look, so I set out to find a better option.

I found some cream pearl paper at Joann's, which is really what started this whole print-them-myself thing.  I had never seen pearl paper on the shelves at my local paper or craft store & I wondered how it would work on an inkjet printer.  So set to find out.


I am happy to say, it worked like a charm.  I designed, then printed & cut.  Then to give them a more 'vintage' feel I used a gold ink pad to age the edges.  This is a great trick my neighbor showed me to give the edges just a bit more definition or an aged look depending on what color you use.

Next time you buy a printable, whether it be an invite or piece of artwork, think about printing it on a fun paper as opposed to sending it to your local photo printer...I'm kind of in love with it now.

These invitations are available in two colors, in the shop now.

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails