Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Obsessed.

With the sock bun.  Probably doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but when you live in 110 degree temperatures, things like this are life-changing.  Yes, that's right, I said life-changing.  Since Scoobs has started school, I feel like my 'get ready' time has to be put on fast forward in order to get everyone up & out the door on time.  I suppose I could wake up earlier, but that would be too easy.  Instead, I find myself constantly going to the sock bun.  

You've probably seen or heard about this 100 times on pinterest.  Me too.  And I thought it was for 18 year-old girls with thick, long hair.  Nope.  Just the opposite...at least on the hair requirements.  My hair is a bit past my shoulders, but thin & fine.  Typical blonde hair.  If you can put your hair into a pony, you can wear the sock bun.

There are a couple of ways to do it.  Find tutorials, here, here & here. The first one is my favorite.

The one thing I learned, was to use a sock that was similar in color to your hair -- this was really obvious when I tried it with a white sock.  So save yourself a pair of socks & use one similar in color to your hair.  My sister told me you can also buy a net-type thing at Claire's that is made for such a bun.  But I'm lazy & its hot, so if I can accomplish something without loading up my kids...I will probably choose that route.

We still have a month {or two...boo} of summer temps, so I am pretty sure I will be sporting it overtime until our fall temps of 75 roll around.

1 comment:

Us said...

I love a sock bun! One of my favorites too. Looks cute!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails