Sunday, November 27, 2011

Autumn Salad

I have a lot of pictures from Thanksgiving I need to go through, but for now...my new favorite salad.


1 head romaine lettuce
bacon - cooked & crumbled
cranberry raisins
feta cheese
2-3 pears
candied chopped pecans {to candy them, place them in a pan on the stove on med-high heat with some sugar.  Heat until the sugar melts & coats the pecans.  Remove from heat}


For the dressing, mix 1 cup with 2/3 C poppy seed dressing & 1/3C balsamic vinegarette.

For Thanksgiving I arranged my salad on a platter, which I have decided is so much better than bowls with everything falling to the bottom.  On a platter you can actually layer it just how you want it & not have the issue of tossing it.  Where have I been.

Loved the salad & wish I could tell you where I found the recipe.  I printed it off from somewhere online & have now lost that paper in all my Thanksgiving recipe, shopping lists, notes mess. 


No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails