Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorite: Sticky Popcorn


I've had 2 different people call/text for this recipe & I have a bowl of it currently sitting on my counter, so I figure it qualifies as a favorite, right?

First.  Pop your popcorn.  I pop about 3 mixing bowls worth in an air popper, you could probably use microwave, but not sure.

Then mix this ingredients on the stove:
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 1/4 C. Karo Syrup
2 sticks butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

You want to let this melt & boil for about 2-3 minutes.
DO NOT OVER COOK THIS.
If it overcooks it will harden on the popcorn & be no bueno.

Once it has boiled, pour over popcorn until evenly coated.

Then pace yourself.  You will want to eat all 3 bowls in one sitting.

As a side note, this recipe comes from my aunt who put hers over trail mix, which I love as well.  Her trail mix did not include the salt in the sauce recipe & was poured over:
4 C. Cheerios {Honey Nut}
1 box Rice Chex cereal
1/2 package pretzel sticks
Cashews {however many you want}

I really like it over that too, but am mostly too lazy for all that, so I just pop popcorn.

1 comment:

bryn said...

Looks totally yummy! We will be trying this one next Friday for movie night. Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails