Monday, February 27, 2012

Baller Status.

I've said it before & I'm sure I will say it again, but Scoobs is 5 going on 15.  For whatever reason, he thinks the 10-12 year old boys in the neighborhood are his 'friends.'  He asks regularly if they can come play & gravitates towards them at the park.  It cracks me up & I'm fairly certain it has to do with his love affair with Kevin.  Kevin happened to be home the weekend of his birthday & this little hoop was my dad & Kevin's gift to Scoobs.  Okay...my mom really played a part too, but they were the ring leaders in picking it out.  As you can imagine, Scoobs was delighted.  As was I.  This was on the list to do for Christmas, but I had heard the {blasted} HOA wouldn't let you have them in your front yard...which is where I wanted it.  So it got put to the back burner as there wasn't a turn around time for getting a concrete slab poured in our backyard in time.  We might still get a notice, but we are a month into it in the front yard & it is getting a TON of use.


Kevin had to show Scoobs the ropes...


And now, he thinks he is a baller.  Really.  He wants black basketball socks & did you notice he had on red basketball shorts, just like Kevin?  Yes.  There was an outfit change to accommodate that.  He spends most of his free time right here...waiting for rides?  He's shooting hoops.  I'm loading the car?  He's shooting hoops.  All day long, he waits until I can go out front with him & gather the neighborhood boys to shoot hoops.  He's usually the smallest & the youngest & I kind of love it.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

how awesome that he has a kevin. bummer that he's leaving but so cool that the relationship is established enough that he can look up to the things he'll be doing in russia. you have a darling little baller.

Debbie said...

Ohhhhh Love that!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails