Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nesting: The Kitchen Nook.

 
Back when I was in full-fledge 'nesting mode' this area was one of my projects.  I'm glad I jumped on it when I was in nesting mode, because these days I am more in lazy mode.  As in, if we are fed, sometimes clean & surviving, we will call that day a success.
All three of these walls started yellow, then they were all three green & then the two on the side went back to yellow.  Yes...all of that occurred while I was pregnant.  Oh yeah...and the drapes too.  I tell ya, I should get pregnant more often just for the nesting that occurs.

The drapes were something that needed to happen for a long time, but it just took me forever to figure out what fabric and/or drapes I wanted...that and the winter sun shift made sunscreen a requirement while eating lunch at this table.   I was actually at the fabric store looking for fabric for the kids' rooms, when I came across this & immediately knew it was to be my kitchen drapes.  It was just what I never knew I wanted.  Okay, I did know I wanted something that kind of looked like burlap & felt more natural...

Originally, I thought about doing a trellis, like these:

Then I painted my walls green & decided I should do something more natural like these: 


This was my first time sewing drapes & I did zero research.  Instead I used my tired & true method of winging it & given that they were really just two long rectangles, I'd say it was a success.  There are a few things I'd do differently & the next time I'm pregnant, I'll probably go back & fix a few things that bug me...but until then, sunscreen is no longer required for lunch.




No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails