Monday, August 13, 2012

Camera Woes.

I am not a photographer...as I am sure you well know.  But I wish to bits I could take a decent picture.  My sister is a whiz, again, as you well know.  We were talking the other day about a blog or facebook post or something, where someone said they liked taking an 'okay' picture & making it fabulous.  Now, while I appreciate that photoshop talent, I just don't have the time, energy or desire.  My sister quickly pointed out, that that thought was backwards.  You know, instead you should, take a great picture & then you just have a simple & quick edit.

duh.  Why didn't I think of that?

Now I just need to learn how to take a decent picture.  I've watched my sister enough that I feel like I have at least an inkling of what to do.  I get where the light needs to come from.  Which way people need to be facing.  I pay attention to what I am framing.  You know, I have a few tricks up my sleeve.  But still, as I am sure you have noticed my pictures all around suck.

Another problem, while we are on the topic, I'm lazy.  I don't want to learn another program.  I don't want to lug a big camera.  I just want a fabulous picture at the snap of my fingers.  Is that too much to ask?

apparently it is.

And so.  Here it is.  I am putting it out there.  My goal this month?  Learn to take & edit a decent picture for pete's sake.

It can't possibly be rocket science.  If you aren't a designer, then you are a photographer.  I'm already 50% there & happen to know a pretty awesome photographer.

Time to buckle down & shoot.

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails