Friday, June 18, 2010

Projecting.

my house is in complete disarray. the floors are in need of a serious vacuum & mop. sheets need changing & beds need making. but I have been busy.

projecting.

i finished this little end table about a month ago & we have been going ever since.

a dresser & hutch was refinished in scoobs room....pictures coming soon. i love it.

and a serious photo wall with all the family pictures that my sister took, which if you'll notice is missing a big canvas of the family picture. but it hasn't gotten here yet, and i was too antsy with all these cute prints & frames staring me in the face. so we hung it anyway.

and in order to finish that, i had to finish this:

which has been sitting in my laundry room {with 2 others} unfinished & directionless for 6 months. i think scot has taken the liberty of commenting on them being unfinished 892 times.

so now, i am happy to say, 1 of the 3 is finished. and i think i will finish the other 2 this weekend.

i wish i had a before pic of the frame, because it was just home depot wood. which i realize isn't a brand of wood, but you get the idea right? it wasn't hang-able until i fancied it up.

first i was just going to paint them all black...so i could have big black squares hanging on my wall??? yeah, not my brightest idea.

then my creative sister saw mine, ordered 2 of her own, finished them in 2 seconds, hung them on her wall & they looked awesome. while mine still collected dust. so 3 months later, i copied her.

what would we do without sisters?!?

oh yeah, she told me where & how to hang all these pictures & then measured & hammered the nails & hung all the pictures too.

see? sisters are the best.

and maybe summer is just what i needed to lock me indoors & finish all this stuff.

more coming soon.

3 comments:

Chante said...

You need to tell me you and your sisters secret on what you did to the frame! Is it scrapbooking paper? Give me details pretty please!

{B}dreamy said...

Love the table. And the pictures! Lindsay is amazing, I agree. So, with the heat here in full force, where do you do all your projects?! I have so much projecting to do of my own, but the idea of sweating it out is not so fun. *B

Jenna Lee said...

the pictures look so cute hanging on your wall...and I love the one you made, you did a great job!!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails